Traceable supports very large deployments consisting of thousands of API endpoints, and billions of API calls -- with flexible data collection and deployment options, including agentless or agents, depending on your needs.
1. fully out-of-band via network log analysis of AWS, GCP, and Azure Clouds,
2. Collection by instrumentation within your API gateway, proxies, or service mesh, and
3. in-app data collection through instrumentation by language-specific agents or socket filtering.
For highly regulated industries, Traceable can be deployed 100% on-premise in a fully air-gapped model, without sacrificing protection, speed or scalability.
Today’s cloud-based, API-driven, microservices-based applications all extensively operate using APIs to communicate between users/NPE’s (non-person entities) to applications, and between applications and application components.
API Security solutions are essential to aligning Zero Trust thinking with the realities of today’s application architectures and extending the Zero Trust security model to the full application stack.
However, to date, APIs have been largely neglected by Zero Trust models. In addition, digital transformation demands and DevSecOps processes at organizations have created new gaps and vulnerabilities attackers can exploit.
Traceable's API security platform builds on your Zero Trust Security strategy. We map to the NIST Zero Trust framework, as it covers reference architecture, data security, as well as compliance measures for defense in depth security.
APIs pose a direct threat to systems, data, and privacy, and are now the top attack vector when it comes to abuse, data loss, and fraud, across nearly every industry.
Traceable offers runtime exploit protection that automatically detects and stops known and unknown API attacks, business logic abuse attacks, as well as API abuse, fraud, and sensitive data exfiltration.
1. Eliminate API Abuse and Fraud: you need real-time detection and protection against known and unknown API attacks and abuse.
2. Detect and Block API Attacks: Automatically detect and block both known and unknown API vulnerabilities, including the OWASP Web and API Top 10, business logic abuse attacks, and zero days.
3. Stop Sensitive Data Exfiltration: Immediately detect where hackers gain access to sensitive data by exploiting software bugs or CVEs. Understand the flow of transactions through your application, from edge to data store and back, to quickly respond and shut down the attempted theft.
Traceable provides robust analytics and threat intelligence capabilities that power root cause analysis, forensic research, and incident response.
1. API security data lake: collect and analyze the end-to-end path trace of all API calls and service behaviors. An API security data lake allows your SOC team, incident responders, threat hunters, as well as red teams and blue teams to conduct instant security analysis and root cause analysis.
2. Understand API traffic and user attribution: Understand API traffic history of user attributed transactions, sequences, and flows and perform post mortem reviews and analysis for any API security incidents.
3. Threat Hunting to reveal unknown API vulnerabilities: Perform threat hunting to reveal potentially unknown API vulnerabilities and visualize user behavior analytics to uncover fraud and abuse.
This level of security analytics enables SOC teams and threat hunters to optimize APIs and service behaviors to prevent the possibility of any data breach, ransomware, abuse, or data exfiltration.